Saturday 5 January 2019

Haven't Posted For A While

I have just been checking ClustrMaps and discovered that there is still a lot of interest in my motorcycle blog. My apologies, therefore, for not posting for a while but I am planning to do some interesting moto adventures in 2019 and will record them in the usual (hopefully humorous) way.

On the agenda is:
1. Ride east to Norfolk. Have a look at The Broads and then ride south through Suffolk and then Essex. I know very little about these counties and plan to correct that. The pics should be interesting.
2. A night ride around London starting at the Ace Cafe at around 10:00 pm. This will include Euston Road, St Pancras, Regents' Park, Thames Embankment, Elephant and Castle, Westminster.
3. A day ride to Greenwich Observatory and Greenwich Park plus Primrose Hill.
4. A ride up to Stranraer in Scotland, ferry to Larne in Northern Ireland and ride the west coast to Shannon.




My motorcycle is on a SORN* at the moment. In the UK this means *Statutory Off-Road Notice. My body is also on a SORN but that is being sorted by the wonderful NHS in this country. The motorbike is now 13 years old and has some 53,000 miles on the clock. Before getting it re-road taxed it will need an MOT but that should present no problem. I'll take the bike to my expert mechanic Walter at Jim Hill Motorcycles in early March.

So long for now. Jet.

No comments: